Best Canadian Poker Sites
While often overlooked during conversations regarding the global online poker industry, Canada is a substantial market both in terms of absolute size and of participation rate per capita. As the industry becomes more and more competitive, Canada is increasingly a contested target between major online poker rooms competing for an upper hand in what might just prove to be the most lucrative poker market in North America.
The winners of that struggle, of course, are online poker players from Canada, who can expect better promotions, more value and less friction overall when choosing an online poker site. Now more than ever before, Canadian online poker players are in one of the most enviable positions imaginable: Lots of rooms competing for their attention and no end to the bounty in sight.
Best Online Poker Room for Canadians
As you might have gathered from the above, it's hard for online poker players from Canada to make a terrible choice - so many rooms are offering so much value to Canadians that even picking a room at random is likely to work out just fine.
If you're interested in doing a bit better than "just fine," however, we would narrow the list of top Canadian poker rooms to one: 888 Poker. The room has been making lots of waves in the Canadian market over the last three years - signing UFC icon Georges St. Pierre comes to mind as just one example - and that activity has paid off via substantial growth for 888 during a time when the rest of the online poker industry is actually trending downward.
888 ticks all the expected boxes for a great poker room: Security, quality support, generous promotions, tons of games and innovative software. On top of those traits, Canadian poker fans will also appreciate the availability of regionally popular banking options (Instadebit and Moneybookers), promotions that integrate local events and multi-lingual support for English and French speakers.
Poker Room Highlights
100% up to
- Offers a 100% to $600 bonus + $8 free no deposit
- 888 Poker accepts a variety of payments including PayPal
- Legally licensed - parent company traded on LSE
100% up to
- Offers a 100% to $1000 poker bonus for Canadians
- Win a seat into the Canadian Poker Tour
- Also operates an online betting site and casino
100% up to
- Earn a 100% to $600 deposit bonus on first two deposits
- A free $20 no deposit bonus available through our site
- Widest spread of poker games + highest stakes
100% up to
- New players receive a 100% to $600 deposit bonus
- Offers one of the best software platforms
- Play Hold'em, Omaha, Stud, Draw or a variety of mixed games
200% up to
- Receive a 200% up to $2000 sign up bonus
- Huge guarantees including a monthly $200K
- Mac / Linux / Windows / Mobile compatible
Free $8 No Deposit Bonus for Canadians at
888 Poker is our winning pick for Canadian online poker players. Right now, when you join 888 Poker you automatically qualify for our free cash bonus. This bonus will give you free $8 cash which you can use right away. Along with the free poker bonus offer, players also receive a 100% to $600 deposit bonus. 888 Poker supports Canadian poker and as such you will find qualifiers and satellites to the Canadian Poker Tour held yearly in Niagara Falls.
888 Poker Review >
Exclusive Bonuses & Promotions for Canadian Players at
Bodog Poker has always been a fan favourite in Canada. The poker room is licensed and regulated by the Kahnawake Gaming Commission, located in Kahnawake Quebec and features some of the best promotions and tournament packages for Canadian players. Win a seat to the CPT or any major live event through Bodog’s $1 qualifiers. The poker room is compatible with Mac / Windows, is one of the easier poker sites to beat and hosts a weekly $100K event.
Bodog Poker Review >
William Hill is a household name in most parts of the world and is a legal poker site registered in Gibraltar. William Hill uses the Playtech software and is one of the top three busiest poker sites on the iPoker Network. The poker room averages around 25,000 real money players during peak hours and hosts over $3,000,000 in guaranteed tournaments each month. Read more about William Hill in our review including how to qualify for up to $2000 free in bonuses.
William Hill Poker Review >
Full Tilt Poker is a well know brand throughout most of Canada. The network advertises heavily on ESPN and other Canadian sports channels and is one of the top three poker rooms for Canadian players. The poker room offers a massive spread of stakes including super low micro limits up to crazy high stakes poker where the pros play. The poker room is offering all new players a 100% to $600 match bonus in addition to daily freerolls and special promotions through the site.
Full Tilt Poker Review >
PokerStars is a fan favourite among Canadian poker players. The site is compatible with most operating systems and even supports a mobile compatible poker client for iOS and Android devices. PokerStars accepts all Canadian deposit options, offers a $600 deposit bonus (payable in USD) in addition to a $20 free cash poker bonus. Some of the biggest features including one of the top ranked poker software programs equipped with over two dozen features, the ability to play with pros and 1000’s of seats to live events.
PokerStars Review >
There are a few factors that tend to be of particular concern to players when looking for the top Canadian online poker site.
- CAD Support: While you won't find any major poker rooms that let play games in Canadian dollars, you still want rooms that will allow you to easily deposit and withdraw funds using CAD. Additionally, you also want rooms with clear and fair policies regarding how your funds are converted to and from the main currency employed by the room (generally USD).
- Legal Compliance: Online poker does exist in a slightly grey area of Canadian law. While no one can predict the future, Canadian players should vastly prefer rooms with a history of legal compliance in regulated markets like France, Italy and so on. That track record will ensure that even if the legal picture changes in Canada, you'll be covered.
- Fund Security: With scores of poker rooms fighting for Canadian traffic, Canadian online poker players don't need to take any risks when it comes to their balances. Only rooms with an extensive history, a license that requires the room to segregate player deposits and obvious liquidity should be worth your time.
Are Government-Sponsored Sites Better for Players from Canada?
As the Canadian online poker market evolves, regional governments are starting to test the waters of online poker and online gambling. While there are some obvious advantages to playing at government-sponsored poker sites, the truth of the matter is that they're not the superior option for Canadian players.
Why not? As such sites are still largely in their infancy, you can expect them to go through the same sort of growing pains with their software and player pool that the rest of the industry has already survived. Furthermore, even if the provincially-run room offered a competitive product, the top online poker sites have a record of security and transparency that makes them effectively just as credible as a state-backed operation. There may come a day when government-run online poker sites are the premier choice for Canadian poker players, but for now the best sites for Canada remain the heavy hitters of the commercial poker industry.